Friday 6 July 2012

Spud Woods, Lymn, 5/7/2012

 Cos Mummy's work meant she had to go in (during her 2 weeks holidays) on Friday, Saturday and half of Monday (and Tuesday cos of sickness) and she has to go back in on Saturday, we werent able to go back to Shell Island this week, so after taking a day on Wednesday to do the bees and plant out the sweetcorn, squashes and pumpkins, they decided that Thursday was going to be a trip out to Spud Woods in Lymn.

I was sooo excited I got Daddy up at 6am, and he took me for walkies down on the canal, where I first met Lolla and Pippi, and had a run around as we walked all the way around, then as we got back we met Forest and Megan, so I went round again for another run, I was out for 2 hours, it was great!

The weather forecast was for thunder storms, but it was hot, sunny and very humid, so after doing some shopping in the morning we loaded up the car and went up to Spud Woods for an explore as the oldies had promised and to have some fun!

 
 Mummy and Daddy didnt know where the car park was, so they parked at the Barn Owl Inn (where I met Dallas and Sasha on Sunday), and we walked the short distance to the woods entrance! Spud Woods is a Millenium 'Woods on your doorstep' project and has lots of paths to walk, lots of trees (Oak, Ash, Yew, Birch, Holly, Blackthorn, Rowan) and lots of very tall grass for me to run in! As soon as we were through the gates I was let of my lead and allowed to run around n go exploring!

 Right at the top of the woods is a hidden secret pool, with a small waterfall, its difficult to find and reach, but I had no trouble going for a paddle!

 Coming back towards the entrance there is a bridge, and as we reached it a lovely Great Dane called Daphne came over to say hello! Her Mum and Dad were a bit concerned that she would be too rough for me to play with, but after Mummy explained that I was half Great Dane they relaxed a bit and let us play together!

 We had great fun running around n playing, while Mummy n Daddy talked with Daphne's parents. They thought I was beautiful and could see lots of Danie traits in me, they even thought I may be a full Danie, but as Im not sure how old I am or how big I am going to grow to, no-one will know for sure until I am a bit older!

 I was about 2/3rds the height of Daphne, and about half her weight, but we played nicely together, and only nearly knocked Daphe's Dad and Mum over once!


 
 Daphne's Mum and Dad said how alike our colouring was, they said I was almost a Daphne Mini Me!


 
    We both enjoyed playing in the long grass together, sometimes I looked tiny against Daphne, other times I looked bigger :)


 It was fun, but it was also very hot, so after a good play we decided to rest in the cool long grass together!

 All too soon it was time for Daphne to go, so we said goodbye, and then we went to the Barn Owl for a drink, I has some lovely cool water, but Dad n Mum had some dirty beer, (Mum had shandy cos she was driving)!

 After cooling down and rehydrating Daddy noticed it was almost time for Forest, Lola and Pippi to come onto Spud woods, so we walked back down and waited at the entrance for half an hour, when no-one arrived we walked back to the pub just as Barry and Forest arrived, they had parked in the car park and been for a walk, so were going to have a pint before going home! They did say tho that Lola and Pippi had just arrived on the car park, so if we walked back down we would probably meet them!

 
 So we walked back to the entrance and walked through the woods to the car park entrance, where there was a choice of 6 paths to take, as we didnt know which path Lola had gone down we decided to wait for a bit!

 While we were waiting I found a small hole................

 ................... and decided to make it a bit bigger :)

 Then Lola and Pippi came round the corner and we all had fun together!

I found that changing direction quickly means my ears flap around, Carole and Jean said it was called 'flying ears', so I guess I must have been flying along to get them to fly up like this!

  It was fun running round with Lola, Spud Woods are lovely for walkies, but there are a few horseflies, so Mummy and Daddy have got to get some more insect repellant before they next take me there!

After we finished walking we went back to the Barn Owl Inn, where I had some more water, Mummy and Daddy had something to eat (Hunters Chicken, I got some from them both, chicken in sauce with cheese on it too, I liked it a lot) while I relaxed under the table, they both said I had been very very good and I got some treats and a fuss when we got home, before going straight to sleep and sleeping in this morning till gone 9am!

I am still tired today, so am snoozing on the couch now!

Thanks for reading, I will get Mummy to take some more piccies of me soon, Byee! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment